42 CFR Part 2 Subpart E
Digital Download $179.95
OVERVIEW PART 2 ----------- SUBPART E
The authorizing statute, Title 42, United States Code (U.S.C.) 290dd–2, protects the confidentiality of the records containing the identity, diagnosis, prognosis, or treatment of any patient that are maintained in connection with the performance of any federally assisted program or activity relating to substance abuse (now referred to as substance use disorder) education, prevention, training, treatment, rehabilitation, or research.
Subpart E -
- Legal effect of an order.
- Order not applicable to records disclosed without consent to researchers, auditors, and evaluators.
- Confidential communications.
- Procedures and criteria for orders authorizing disclosures for noncriminal purposes.
- Procedures and criteria for orders authorizing disclosure and use of records to criminally investigate or prosecute patients.
- Procedures and criteria for orders authorizing disclosure and use of records to investigate or prosecute a Part 2 program or the person holding the records.
- Orders authorizing the use of undercover agents and informants to investigate employees or agents of a part 2 program in connection with a criminal matter.
CFR 42 can be purchased INDIVIDUALLY or as a group of Parts A through E. See links below.
- Subparts A & B
- Subparts C & D
- Subpart E
- COMBO Subparts A-E